Currently Watching: Mother


Mother (2018) 마더
Directed by Kim Cheol-kyu, starring Lee Bo-young and Heo Yool. 

Chose to watch Mother because I wanted to see a true-to-life drama and this one has good ratings and reviews. I also had never seen actress Lee Bo-young in a series before (she’s Mrs. Ji Sung) and Son Suk-ku is also in this one, and I was curious to know what kind of role he plays. I watched the first episode yesterday and it already holds promise. I’m confident this is going to be a good show. Solid performances and the little girl Heo Yool is mesmerising. Lee Bo-young is really beautiful and Son Suk-ku is really vicious. Also, the cinematography is often gorgeous and the OST is great. The ending of the first episode with Lee Bo-young and Heo Yool at the beach with the birds flying away already made me cry. Can’t wait to see more!