Currently Watching: Call It Love


Call It Love (2023) 사랑이라 말해요

Directed by Lee Gwang-young and Kim Ji-yeon, starring Kim Young-kwang and Lee Sung-kyoung.

A young woman whose life was destroyed by her father’s mistress decides to take her revenge by targeting the woman’s son. However, as she gets to know him, the young woman finds herself falling for him; her revenge is complicated by their mutual attraction. (Synopsis: Dramabeans)

I don’t watch shows simultaneously, and I wasn’t planning on watching another show next to The Good Bad Mother but I came across good ratings for Call It Love, and they say it’s a slow-burn melodrama, a slice-of-life series, and a combination of My Mister and My Liberation Notes. Well, say no more, I’m in. The series is already completed, so I can binge-watch it (which I was actually trying to avoid by watching the ongoing show The Good Bad Mother). Just seen one episode and so far it looks promising. I also like the cast, the soundtrack and beautiful cinematography. This gives me more My Mister vibes than My Liberation Notes vibes (the three siblings part is reminiscent of MLN, though), with the female lead character slightly resembling the character of IU from My Mister. I know Lee Sung-kyoung from It’s Okay, That’s Love but didn’t like her character there. There is a pinkish filter throughout the first episode and I wonder what it means. Will continue soon! 

(Collage made by me.)